Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss anything of a general nature here.

TOPIC: Really boring to play even fewer spells

Really boring to play even fewer spells 1 week 9 hours ago #10437

This exactly. I believe people forget/dont know about some of the class designs back then. Going back from what we are used to now with wow classic gold, most of the classes will probably be really boring to play even fewer spells and simplifed mechanics (generally). Question is whether the old school RPG community and feel is enough to attract/keep players if the courses themselves are boring? I believe BFA lost a lot of players from precisely the exact same difficulty with course design/pruning compared to legion.

I think you oversimplify things a bit. WoW Classic is not just about re experiencing older content it's about far more than that. The material and the old system was simply just a frame that was conducive to letting you play and interact with people in fun ways. This style of play is extremely replay-able because each time you play a vanilla server it's with entirely new folks and no two people are the same. Working together with individuals, creating new friends, producing new adversaries/nemesis on the opposite faction. This material is entirely dormant in live/retail.

That's a fair critique, and I agree that it isn't just about re experiencing older content. There are enormously different types of players though, with very different motives for playing WoW Classic (one of which would be to play old content, whether for the first time, or not) and also the folks who play private servers today, won't make up the entirety of their WoW Classic player-base. I'm saying it could be even better, if people could not appear benchmarks, guides etc., and make a class choice on that basis, but instead had to actually play WoW Classic and experimentation to figure out what's great and what they enjoy.

Shadow priest had discipline abilities and stuff also. Healers may sometimes enter darkness for enhanced fade. All of them get mostly the same spells, pub a talented spell or there. And specs and classes were, actually balanced to buy classic wow gold, to a degree. Yes, not every class is desired or viable for raids or lengthy conflicts. Just like not every spec is viable for PvP. Some folks just liked farming. Others did PvP, even others did PvE.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds

Online now

Latest posts

Delhi Expat is a non profit venture aimed at making life easier for the expat community in Delhi. If you feel this is a good resource, and wish to support us, please click below to donate any amount of your choice. Thank you for your support!